Skin is the largest part of the human body. Therefore, maximum care is needed to keep it shining and glowing. Skin that hasn’t been well-maintained is prone to wrinkles and other related skin problems. In the same manner, properly maintained skin has a smooth texture and a shiny look that is appealing to the eye.
There are various ways of tackling skin problems without causing damage to your skin. One of them is skin care. But what exactly is skin care? Simply put, skin care is a key technique employed for the maintenance of the health condition of the skin available to your body and face. Also, skin care may be defined as a range of practices that support skin integrity, relieve skin conditions, and enhance its appearance.
Tips for Maintaining Excellent Skin Care
Taking time to understand your skin type will help you find the best care routine for it. You can consider these four simple tips for maintaining excellent skin care. Take a look:
- Treat Your Skin Gently - Daily cleansing is key in maintaining healthy skin care, however, to keep it gentle. After bathing, dab your skin dry with a towel so that some moisture remains on your skin. Reduce the amount of time you take to shower. It’s also recommended that you use warm water rather than hot water. For dry skin, you can use a moisturizer that blends with your skin type. Instead of using strong detergents and soaps, you can opt for mild cleansers.
- Don’t Smoke - Smoking is harmful to health and skin in particular. It makes your skin appear older and can lead to wrinkles. Furthermore, it narrows the tiny blood vessels in the outermost layer of the skin – which decreases blood flow making the skin appear paler. To protect your skin, you can quit smoking.
- Wear Sunscreen Daily - Wearing sunscreen is one of the simple things you can do to protect your skin. If applied correctly, it can protect your skin from the dangerous and harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun that cause skin cancer, sunburn, and premature skin aging. For better protection, you can apply a broad spectrum and water-resistant sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher to all the uncovered parts of the skin. Additionally, you can opt for a moisturizer containing sunscreen.
- Simplify Your Skin Care Routine - When it comes to skincare, less is more. Using too many skin care products, especially supposed products to fight the aging process, irritates your skin. Instead, you should go for the basics, including sunscreen, gentle cleanser, and moisturizer. Moreover, establish morning and evening skincare routines that suit your skin.
Products to Promote Skin Care
To keep your skin glowing and healthy, it’s vital to have a good care routine in place. Here are some quality products you can consider for your skincare:
- Moisturizers - Moisturizers hydrate your skin and form a protective barrier. For a day, you can use a moisturizer with SPF 30 or higher. For the night, you can jump in for a richer cream that deeply moisturizes while you remain asleep.
- Cleansers - These products remove oil, dirt, and makeup from your skin. For the majority of skin types, a gentle facial cleanser used twice a day is just perfect.
- Exfoliants - Exfoliants are better known to remove dead cells. You can use chemicals once a week for your care routine. The beauty of exfoliants is that they improve skin texture and allow better absorption of other skin care products.
- Toners - They work to restore the skin’s pH balance after cleansing. They can be optional but can be refreshing and assist with pore tightening.
- Serums - They target specific skin concerns like dark spots, acne, or fine lines. If you have any of these concerns, and acne to be specific, you can opt for a face serum. For maximum absorption, it’s recommended to apply serum before moisturizers.
With the combination of high-quality moisturizers, cleansers, exfoliants, toners, and serums, you’ll be on the path to achieving and maintaining clear, glowing skin.